KMFasTrans FREE version 1.3.2 contains the following new features:
- KMFT Language Switcher module.
- This module is a very important tool for the operation of a multilingual website. KMFT Language Switcher module is an alternative to native Joomla Language Switcher module when the component KMFasTrans is installed. What this module adds respect to the native module is language switching at the article level (this also applies to contacts and news feeds). As it is known, in the current version of Joomla you can only switch languages at the menu level. For example if you have a Spanish menu that shows a list of items, when you switch to another language, such as English, if both menus are associated, you will see the same list of articles in English. However, if you are viewing an item from that list, say in Spanish, when language changes, for example to English, you will not see the same article in English but you will see the list of articles in English.
To fix this behavior, the KMFT Language Switcher module uses both, association of Menus and association of Items. For the switching to function properly it must be ensured that both the menu leading to article as the article itself are associated. In KMFasTrans PRO both associations are made automatically when you create a translation, so all that you have to deal with is having translated everything needed (category, article, menu, menu item, module ... ). Doing so language switching will work properly for all content.
- Propagation to KMFasTrans of changes made in Joomla Frontend native editor.
- When you make a change to an article in Joomla frontend it will be propagated to KMFasTrans. This means that if the article was in a translations set, this set will be marked as 'modified' and you will see the the details of the modification in the set details screen.
The same applies if the changes are made in Joomla back end native editor.
- Improved listing when assigning items to a translations set.
- The screens that display the list of elements to be assigned to a Set of Translations are now shown with its level where applicable. (For example, categories and menus).
- New option for enable/disable "Include published elements only for "Completion" of a Translation Set.
- Now you can choose if you want a Translations Set to show status "Completed" if it contains a translation for every content language and all of them are published, or if it contains a translation for every content language even if one or more of those translations are unpublished.
- New option for enable/disable "Multilingual Infraestructure" Warning Message.
- Now if you already had the multilingual infraestructure in place before installing KMFasTrans you can disable this warning message.
- Component styles.
- The styles of the component have been changed to display properly on other admin templates, not only Bluestork and Hathor.
- Improved Installation process.
- The installation process has been modified to include installing / uninstalling the KMFT Language Switcher module and also to improve the way we show the results of the process to make it more complete. Also, if the database error 1005 ocurrs (Option InnoDB) there is an explanation of why it occurs and a link to documentation on how to fix it.
- Joomla 2.5.7 new language installation feature support.
1. Pagination on the Translation Dashboard screen was not working when a value was established for an specific filter of an element type other than the one displayed. For example a filter for menu type in Menu Items when viewing Articles.
2. After status update or any other update on Translations Dashboard screen it reverted to page 1. Now it reverts to the page were it was before the update.
3. No nesting information on column 'Category' or 'Menu' on Translations Dashboard screen.
4. Incorrect items ordering on the Translations Dashboard Screen. Now, when ordering by the first column (Category, Extension, Menu or Module Type), the second column (Title) will be ordered in alphabetical ascending order within the results of the first column. If the first column is 'Extension' (for type Categories), or 'Menu' (for type Menu Items) the second column will be ordered by the level rather than the title, showing the hierarchy of categories or menus from the highest level to lowest level.
5. In certain circumstances the details window of the Set of Translations did not open completely.